ArtGymSD Online Life Drawing
Video and Online Considerations:
Who schedules the Models?
What is ArtGymSD Online Life Drawing?
· Types of poses: Full range of short poses ending in a 20-minute-long pose
· Off screen patrons can respond via the message board that goes with every session. Different pose sets and breaks will be bookmarked for easy access in the video record.
· Who controls the session? The Model determines poses, lighting, camera angle, costumed or nude, whether to take requests, length and number of different types of short poses. Currently all models will do one 20-minute-long pose at the end which artists can repeat in the recorded video (probably) available afterwards.
· If a patron misses a session, in most cases, there will be a session recording at the same URL of the event. This recording will be available for current patrons to do the session, redo the session, work on the long pose, or create a work of art.
· The models will be nude and/or costumed. With luck Richard will be able to say who the model will be and a little bit about the session they are going to run ahead of time.
· The sessions are two hours long, based on the experience that many people leave after 2 hours and the long pose can usually be repeated endlessly in replay.
· The model owns the copyright for their performance. Patrons and everyone else should get the Artist/Models permission before using the record for anything other than review, life drawing or completing an art piece. It is understood that Richard will be using ‘clips’ for advertising promoting the model and the Life drawing program.
How do I Join and/or Support ArtGymSD Life Drawing Sessions?
· ArtGymSD Life Drawing is a patron reward of Richard and Maria’s Life Drawing Tier ($25 per month) at www.patreon.com/rbcdart (there are other rewards included as well). The life drawing reward is a monthly benefit and covers all the Life Drawing Sessions held in the month of being a patron.
· Patrons of Richard and Maria ChauDavis on the ArtGymSD Life Drawing Tier will automatically be admitted to the life drawing sessions on Crowdcast (after confirming it is really you). I am told logging into Patreon before logging into Crowdcast makes things go even quicker.
· You can cancel your membership prior to the beginning of each month, patronage dollars collected are generally non-refundable but talk to Richard or Patreon if you feel you need a refund on top of canceling your patronage. Canceling membership will also cause the former patron to lose access to all the video records from the life drawing sessions being saved on Crowdcast.
How are the number of sessions determined in a month? How is everyone paid?
· The number of Life Drawing Sessions are determined by the number of patrons supporting the program at $25 per month. 7 patrons are enough for 1 day. 14 patrons are enough for 2 days. 21 patrons are enough for 3 days, 28 patrons are enough for 4 days of life drawing in a month. This can make the program incredibly reasonable, even in terms of the old ArtGymSD at SDAI where month passes sold for a minimum of $35.
· Due to sponsorships and early sign-ups, there will be models performing every Monday in May and June from 7-9 PM.
· Richard will write checks, PayPal or what works for the individuals involved. Model Fee $100.
What Browser/Platforms work?
· The Chrome browser generally works best on Apple and Windows platforms. Up to date versions of other browsers usually work (usually). Android and i phones each have a Patreon app that works well. There is no need for a Crowdcast app on ‘up to date’ Android phones. I-phones must use the Crowdcast app available to them. If things are glitching exit and return seems to fix the explainable problems.
· For the month of April and up to the 7th of May, Richard is burning all his Crowdcast hours to help Models, Patrons, and Potential Patrons to resolve any difficulties and get the best use out of these powerful platforms. No charge for this service, one on one or group sessions available just ask.